Today is all about packing for our big trip to Spokane and WCG2. There's a lot of debate about what goes on the plane (books, toys, DVDs) and what stays (any semblance of comfort or sanity) but overall we're excited. I'm told that rugs have been shampooed (they have a dog with a bladder-control problem), rooms have been baby-proofed, and the Easter Bunny has left something for Cheeky. Most of my family haven't even seen her yet, and I think they're getting pretty worked up.
What I don't know is how much blogging (if any) I'll be doing this week. I expect there to be a LOT of excellent fodder for discussion, but my parents still have VCR's which flash 12:00, so I'm thinking the wireless internet access I'm used to won't be so readily available. In the meantime, though, I was simultaneously tagged by The Beans Dad, Peter at Tutu Boutique, and Mo-Wo, with this meme. So while I'm getting my relatives to form orderly lines as they await their playtime with Cheeky you can enjoy these Six Strange Things/Facts/Habits About Me:
- When I was in high school my first real job was as a janitor at Safeway. I worked my way up to "Courtesy Clerk," then "Helper Clerk," and only then was I finally promoted to "Checker." Perhaps in a future post I will tell you all the horrifying secrets of your local grocery store that you really don't want to know.
- I can recite "The Jabberwocky" from memory in its entirety. "Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe / All mimsy were the borogoves, and mome raths outgabe."
- I didn't really believe that professional wrestling was fake until good guy Leaping Lanny Poffo disappeared for a month and re-emerged as a villain called "The Genius." I felt betrayed.
- For a brief period in 1981, I thought that Air Supply was a really good band. I have spent the last 25 years trying to compensate.
- Fabulous secret powers revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said, "By the Power of Grayskull!"
- I cannot roll my tongue
Now that I've exposed part of my dark underbelly, I must now pass this along to six other
victims worthy fellow bloggers.
- chelsyliz at Young Master Michael
- Kris at WonderMom
- KristieD at...KristieD
- Steve at The Hygiene Chronicles
- Melissa at Issas World
- And my Aussie pal Peter at Chocolate Makes it Better
By the way, tune in late next week when the lovely and talented Oodgie makes a guest appearance at DadCentric. I'm hoping it will be a glowing endorsement of her husband, but it's more likely to be a sarcastic exposure of everything embarrassing she can dig up on me.